Sarah J. Burger, Esq.
Saratoga Springs, NY – p: 518.371.8888 – f: 518.583.7657
Boston, MA – p: 617.419.7152 – f: 857.239.8801
Sarah J. Burger is the Chair of the Labor and Employment law practice at Ianniello Anderson, P.C. She concentrates her practice in employment and labor law litigation and counseling, as well as general business counseling and litigation.
Ms. Burger represents and counsels the firm’s individual and business clients in all types of employment and labor law matters, including: harassment, discrimination and retaliation; unpaid wage and overtime; employment and partnership agreements; separation agreements; workplace training and investigations; personnel policies; disciplinary action; and restrictive covenants (non-solicitation, non-competition and confidentiality agreements).
Ms. Burger’s practice also includes the negotiation and drafting of various business contracts and real estate matters.
Ms. Burger obtained her Juris Doctor from Villanova University School of Law and her Bachelor of Arts from Drexel University, First Honors. She was named an upstate “New York Super Lawyer” in Employment and Labor law for the years 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
She also serves on the Board of Directors of Heading for Home, Racehorse Retraining and Adoption Center, Inc.
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- B.A., First Honors
Selected Published Works & Presentations
- Speaker, Sexual Misconduct, New York State Legislative Women’s Caucus, New York State Capitol, February 2018
- Speaker, EEOC Guidance on Retaliation, New York State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section, Fall Meeting, October 2017
- Speaker, Women, Pregnancy and the Opioid Epidemic in New York: a multi-disciplinary overview, Center for Women in Government & Civil Society, Rockefeller College of SUNY Albany, April 2016
- Speaker, Public Works Training School, New York Conference of Mayors, October, 2014
- Speaker, Penny Wise & Dollar Foolish, New York State Capital Region Chapter, American Payroll Association, Albany, New York, February, 2014
- Randy Maniloff and Jeffrey Stempel, General Liability Insurance Coverage: Key Issues in Every State, Oxford University Press, (acknowledging significant contribution of Sarah Burger), 2011
- Debra Raskin, Year in Review: Supreme Court Decisions, Practicing Law Institute: 38th Annual Institute on Employment Law, (acknowledging assistance of Sarah Burger), 2009
- Randy Maniloff and Sarah Burger, Litigation Alchemy: Will “FACTA” Amendment End Conjuring of Cash From Credit Card Receipts, Washington Legal Foundation, July 11, 2008
- Neal Orkin and Sarah Burger, Employee Invention Rights in the Twenty – First Century, Labor Law Journal, Spring, 82, 2005
- Successfully represented flight attendant in AIR 21 whistleblower action. Vibbert v. Delta Air Lines, U.S.D.O.L. Case No. 2016-AIR-00005
- Successfully represented former employee in race and gender discrimination litigation. Daniel v. Autozone, Inc., et al. (N.D.N.Y. 2013-2016)
- Successfully represented employees in unpaid overtime dispute. Stewart, et al. v. Matthew Bender & Co. (N.D.N.Y. 2014-2015)
- Successfully represented nurses in FLSA/NYLL collective/class action regarding unpaid wages and meal breaks. Church, et al. v. St. Mary’s Healthcare (N.D.N.Y. 2011-2015)
- Successfully represented employers and employees in disputes involving unpaid wages, alleged violations of non-compete agreements, FMLA, ADA, Age Discrimination, Race Discrimination, Sexual orientation discrimination, Sex discrimination and Sexual harassment. (N.D.N.Y., S.D.N.Y., the United States Equal Opportunity Commission, New York State Division of Human Rights, New York State Department of Labor, United States Department of Labor).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Employment Lawyers Association, National Chapter (NELA)
- National Employment Lawyers Association, New York Chapter (NELA/NY)
- Member of the Legislative Committee
- Member of the Executive Board
- Boston Bar Association, Labor Section
- New York State Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Saratoga County Bar Association
- Federal Court Bar Association, NDNY